How To Target Your Dream Potential Customers, Without Paying For Clicks From Irrelevant People
I'm sure you've heard that Facebook Advertising is currently one of the most effective ROI advertising platforms in the Digital Marketing World
The reach and target potential of it is huuuuuuge!
But are you feeling sceptic and a little out of your depth when it comes to Pay Per Click Advertising as a Digital Marketing Strategy?
Want to make sure you aren't paying for irrelevant people clicking on your Advert?
You've come to the right place.
I have had a lot of people over the years say to me that they've been burned in the past by Pay-Per-Click Campaigns eating up hard-earned profits, and generating very little actual interest or sales leads in return.
And I get it. Thing is though, often this is down to the Targeting.
What do we mean by 'Targeting'?
Well, let's pretend you're a Local Painter for a second. In terms of your 'Dream Client', you tell me that you specialise in Residential properties, and you're happy to travel up to 30 miles for a job (taking into account petrol costs, mileage, time to drive there and back etc). Your ideal customer is aged 25-65+ and they generally will have just bought a new house, or been looking at online interior design Facebook pages for new furniture and decoration ideas.
Now, we can start to use this information above to create super-refined Targeting.
Bearing in mind you're a local Painter, using the above description of your dream client, before I start to create the adverts gripping text and interesting images, I would set up the Campaign to target only:
- People living within 30mi radius of (insert appropriate address postcode)
- Gender - Both
- Age - 25-65+ years old
- Interested in/liked pages of: Home and Garden
- Behaviour: Just bought a new house
By Targeting your Adverts to only people that meet the criteria of what a potential dream customer looks like to your company, I can hedge the bet that the person the advert is served to is very likely to be interested in the product or service that you are promoting.
Pretty neat, huh?
Other ways of targeting your dream customers (depending how advanced your current setup is) are;
- Custom Audiences - Create Targeting that specifically shows Adverts to people that are already your existing Customers, have recently visited your Website, or have recently engaged with your Facebook Page.
- Lookalike Audiences - Create Targeting that shows your Adverts to people that are similar to those who are already interested in your Business (based on Website Visitors or your Facebook Page)